Howard University's Center for Wellness and Weight Loss Surgery (HUCWWLS),
has taken a multitude of steps to reassure our community, the center is a safe and trusted place to receive their specialized bariatric care. At all times, your health, safety and well-being are our number one focus. The care we provide to you is essential and we want to serve as a calming presence in these trying times.
Here are a few key safety measures we've put in place to help minimize the potential spread of the coronavirus. HUH and the HU Faculty Practice Plan are in the process of providing all staff with the COVID-19 vaccine on a voluntary basis.
1. No visitors are permitted inside of the facility, except to support:
Labor & Delivery Patients
Parents & Guardians with Minor Children
Persons with Disabilities
Compassionate Care & End of Life Occurrences.
2. All visitors must check-in at the Main Entrance (Georgia Ave) visitor’s desk or the Tower’s Entrance (Fifth Street) visitor’s desk.
3. Visitors may receive a temperature check and screening questions prior to entering inpatient and outpatient areas as well as treatment areas within the Emergency Department.
4. All patients are given a COVID-19 test prior to admission to the hospital.
5. All visitors are required to wear a mask or facial covering during their
hospital visit at all times.
6. Visitation is not permitted for patients diagnosed with COVID-19.
7. All visitors and staff are required to practice social distancing at all times inside of the facility.
8. All visitors and staff are required to sanitize their hands upon entering the facility.